I am so excited as this month the Fitness First Magazine Australia has published a Style Angel article in conjunction with Suellen from
Transforme and I wanted to share a few snippets with you. If you would
like a copy of the article printed from the Fitness First Magazine just click here.
TIPS FOR HER
Get out of the cycle of wearing 20
per cent of your wardrobe 80 per cent of the time, by ‘shopping in your
own wardrobe’ before hitting the shops. This way you’ll find out what
works and what doesn’t, to help you determine what’s missing and what
Think about your lifestyle and
choose your core pieces accordingly. For example, if you have a
corporate job and an often-busy social life with dinner and drinks out, you should choose dressier tops, pants,
shoes and accessories. If, however, your social life revolves more
around the home and kids with casual get-togethers, you should choose more casual core pieces that are comfortable and easy.
Accessories are the key to making
your core pieces work on every occasion. Invest about 30 per cent of
your shopping budget in accessories like bags, shoes, jewellery and
scarves. Choose pieces for both day and evening, so you are ready for
any event. Remember, the more trans-seasonal your wardrobe, the more
wear you will get out of all of your pieces. Use layers, cardigans,
tights and scarves to make it work.
What core pieces do you really need?
Keep in mind that quality materials will stand the test of time. Colours and fabrics that work well together will create an abundance of
outfits and remember that less is often more! here are some
1. Classic well cut pair of pin-stripe bootleg pants in charcoal or black
2. straight skirt black or charcoal pinstripe
3. A pair of pants in dark denim or other dark finish and bootleg cut.
4. four classic work shirts in neutral colours that suit you.
5. two dressy tops for going out. A satin and chiffon finish instantly creates the dressy look
6. One LBD
7. two casual tops or t-shirts
8. A black jacket with one or two buttons and well tailored to suit your shape
9. A cardigan
10. One winter coat
Now believe it or not, with just these 15
items, by adding in appropriate accessories or other clothing items
(e.g., belts, scarves, shoes, singlets, stockings) you can create over
85 different outfits appropriate for the office, social, casual and
Now you have the basics, here are the Mix and Match essentials to pull it all together:
- A great quality wide belt worn around your waist over a dress or on a straight skirt with your shirt or cardigan tucked in.
- Pashmina scarves in colours you love, easy to fit in your bag and great to keep you warm when you are on the town.
- A pair of high quality Opaque stockings with a nice pattern, great to wear with your stilettos or boots under a skirt, or casually with a pair of flats and a casual skirt.
- A pair of great black boots that fit well around the calves and look great under dress pants, over or under jeans and under skirts. A pointier toe will make your feet look longer and a round toe will make your feet look smaller.
- A great pair of black flats; round toe, pointed, embellishments, pick your favorite and you won’t take them off. Also great to wear to and from work to protect your feet and back as an alternative to the ugly sneaker-under-pants look)
- At least one pair of heels for work and one for going out. Pick your favorite and make sure they are comfortable to walk in. No need for pain in times of pleasure.
- Singlets with a great neckline to wear under your tops and shirts to create a contrast or different neckline and yet another look. Choose great colours you know will fit all shirts and cardigans
- Accessories that you love, find great colours and interesting pieces that suit Your Look. Great to find pieces on trips away to remember the great times when you are back.
- Handbags to suit your Life Styles, at least one day bag and night bag is essential. Bags will last a while so pick great classic colours like black, tan and purple to get maximum Mix and Match benefits)
- Your signature Perfume (Style Tip; spraying perfume in your neck can cause extra sun damage and might stain your necklace. Good application spots are decollate, inside of the elbow and inside of the knees)
Here is How do you pull off the Day to Night Look effortlessly....
- Kick off your shoes and replace them with a nice pair of patent peep-toe stilettos
- Replace your shirt with a fitted top in a nice Satin or Chiffon in a great colour
- Wear your pinstripe work pants, your nice jeans or a sexy black straight skirt
- Change your day jewellery with some sparklers in your neck and ears
- Touch up your make up and use a little more eye pencil to create a smokey look and add a little lipgloss to your favorite lipstick shade for luscious lips
- Change over your handbag to a handheld clutch to fit your essentials.
- Grab your pashmina, add a touch of your favorite perfume and you will be ready to hit the town in style.
Here are some Mix and Match Basics to get you in the mood!
Angela Barbagallo, Fashion Stylist
Style Angel Corporation Pty Ltd
1 Bracken Close Engadine NSW 2233 Australia
Ph 02 9520 9940 Fax 02 9520 9018 Mob 0407 032 firstname.lastname@example.org www.styleangel.com
©Style Angel Corporation 2009