The most common Face Shape amongst my male clients is OBLONG, the face that is longer than it is wider. Below you will find some great tips on hair styles to suit your face shape!
An oblong face is longer than it is wide and has a rounded jawline.
Your Goal is to look for hair styles that visually shorten and/or add width to your face your face.
Characteristics of a Good Style:
- Natural looking styles.
- Styles that add width at your temples.
- Hair that has some height (not too much) on top of your head and some width above your ears.
- A fringe (bang) is good if you have a high forehead. For smaller depth foreheads a straight and wispy or swept off to the side and not too thick fringe is best.
- The sides should be off your face, either swept back or short.
- Off centre or side parts.
- Medium to medium short in length.
- Highly stylised styles e.g. angular cuts, severely slicked down, extremely short etc.
- Height only on top of your head.
- Long straight hair.
- Hair close to the sides of your head.
- Centre parts.
- Hair combed straight back if you have a high forehead.
Blog written by Angela Barbagallo, Fashion Stylist
Style Angel Corporation Pty Ltd
1 Bracken Close Engadine NSW 2233 Australia
Ph 02 9520 9940 Fax 02 9520 9018 Mob 0407 032 531